position type: Regular full-time
** For a full review, please submit your application by the initial review date of October 13, 2021. Attach an updated curriculum vitae / CV and cover letter. The curriculum vitae / CV and cover letter can be attached in .docx or .pdf format or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, simply indicate âsee attachmentâ in the space provided in the request. For assistance, please email [email protected] or call 307-855-2112. **
Summary of position
The Director of Marketing and Public Relations is responsible for planning, developing all of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications and public relations activities.
Essential tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a media relations coordinator, providing an appropriate response to media inquiries and ensuring media interest in the college. Represent the college at state and regional public relations and marketing meetings.
- Provide strategic direction for the college’s comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program to improve the college’s image and position in the market and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communication.
- Advance the position of the college and its departments and programs by providing executive direction for all of the college’s external marketing, communications and public relations activities, including publications and social media.
- Plan, develop, direct and administer the marketing activities of the college through an integrated approach to marketing and recruiting, including internal and external communication, media relations, media buying, public information, publications, community relations, website production, brand management and educational partnerships and partnership expansion.
- Work in conjunction with college leadership to develop and implement comprehensive strategic communications and marketing plans.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director of the Foundation to strategically plan and develop marketing material for donor development and communication, alumni relations and communication, event marketing, fundraising material development at need and collaboration with external marketing firms as needed.
- Act as chair and public relations advisor to the Cabinet, working with the college legal advisor as necessary, on matters of public interest or where the reputation of the college may be in question. Provide support to the President in presentations, newsletters and communication on request.
- Support the college’s strategic plan, manage its reputation, and oversee and advise college management on public relations matters most likely to affect the college’s future.
- Collaborate with college staff and with external agencies, professionals or businesses in the development of marketing concepts, advertising campaigns or text and publication designs. Approve all the design and copying of collateral documents.
- Provide strategic crisis communication advice to the college leadership and emergency response team, to convey the views of key audiences and participate in the formulation of policies affecting those audiences. Maintain a crisis communications plan to address emerging critical public relations issues in a timely manner.
- Serve as the primary contact and disseminator of crisis communication messages to the campus community and CWC stakeholders. Maintain the required annual training for public information officers, as encouraged by FEMA and the Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC).
- Serve as the public information officer for the CWC campus, register with the State of Wyoming, lead the campus process to respond to all public information requests as required by state law in the 7 working days.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for marketing, public and media relations and communications.
- Involve the institution’s internal constituencies in the dissemination of key college messages and develop strategies for communicating with internal audiences.
- Develop an institutional brand identity. Oversee the use of the college name and brand and develop policies and standards to strengthen the brand and improve the image of the institution. Design, coordinate and evaluate the effectiveness of college-wide marketing programs and projects.
- Ensure that the college regularly performs relevant market research and coordinates and supervises the activity. Monitor trends.
- Oversee the college’s social and digital media communication strategies and public relations strategies.
- Provide leadership, management and oversight of the Marketing and Public Relations office, including responsibilities related to project assignments and deadlines and personnel administration.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Vice President for Academic Services and other internal stakeholders to: strengthen communications in support of key institutional priorities such as increasing student completion and retention; and to improve recruitment, expand partnerships and increase certificate / diploma enrollment by implementing integrated marketing and communication strategies.
- Coordinate, prepare and distribute press releases and public service announcements.
- Participate in local, state or regional activities to promote the college.
- Act in accordance with the guidelines set out in college policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations and other directly related fields from a regionally accredited higher education institution recognized by the US Department of Education. Master preferred.
- To live
- Five years of experience in marketing, public relations, media relations, preferably in a higher education setting. Supervisory or management experience appreciated.
- Licenses / Certifications
- Declaration of equivalence
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Master’s degree preferably in a related field.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of best practices in communication in higher education.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities, including media buying and the development of print and electronic advertising.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience in overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations and standards for the management and disclosure of public information.
- Knowledge of current and emerging public relations issues and trends applicable to higher education institutions. Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Writing skills for news and stories, as well as writing for the web and social media.
- Proficiency in the creative use of traditional and new marketing media.
- Ability to establish goals, structures and processes necessary to build, coordinate and execute marketing and communications functions.
- Ability to develop a strategic marketing plan; coordinate activities with a variety of college staff and departments; prepare and administer budgets;
- Ability to supervise and train employees and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to lead and manage public affairs programs and activities applicable to a public institutional setting.
- Ability to provide effective advice and guidance on strategic and / or critical public relations matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including excellent public speaking skills. Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Dynamic leadership skills with a proven ability to build a highly productive team of professionals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of groups in a diverse community.
- Proven experience in strong partnerships with the media and other public relations professionals.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate public opinion surveys and related data collection vehicles, including focus groups.
- Ability to effectively use software including word processing and Adobe Creative Suite and a digital camera.
- Knowledge of the full range of branding, marketing, media, public relations and other communication strategies.
- Ability to lead long-term strategic efforts and respond to immediate problems, determine priorities, allocate resources and manage schedules and projects.
- Knowledge of the overall role of the community college.
This position reports to the college president and oversees the staff in the marketing and public relations office.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified persons with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment used
- Standard office equipment including personal computer, calculator, fax machine, ten-key touch calculator, telephone, scanners, copier and telephone. Motor vehicle.
- Physical demands
- The tasks require a variety of physical activities, which usually do not involve muscle tension, such as walking, standing, bending, sitting, reaching and lifting light loads. Speaking, hearing and seeing regularly required in the normal course of work. Common dexterity of the eyes, hands and fingers required to perform certain essential functions. Mental app uses memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminatory thinking, and creative problem solving. Ability to operate a motor vehicle and be able to distinguish colors.
- Environmental conditions
Most of the work is done in an office. May include travel as well as weekend / evening work.
Wage scale: $ 72,252.00 – $ 81,284.00
To apply, click here.