MCLEAN, Virginia, January 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The BBB National Programs Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) has referred certain revenue claims to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for possible enforcement action after BE Factor (also known as BE Rules and formerly known as Melius), a direct selling company that markets subscriptions to forex and cryptocurrency trading packages, did not adequately respond to the DSSRC’s investigation.
The DSSRC’s investigation focuses on income statements posted by members of the sales force on social media, implying that participation in the company’s business opportunity will result in significant income at the career.
The tax returns in question were brought to the company’s attention by the DSSRC as part of its ongoing independent monitoring of the direct selling market. Tax returns include, but are not limited to:
- “Catching over 3000 pips per month for the past 13 months with an 80% win rate is absolutely amazing and life changing earning extra money by copying and pasting these signals from Melius. Ever since I partnered with @rumeal.beckford it’s blessing after blessing and every day gets better because you help, teach, mentor others around you and help everyone achieve this type of financial freedom and this new lifestyle that 90% of Americans aren’t used to right now and excited for this Diamond Season 💎 of 2020. DM if you want to secure yourself a spot in the Fortune 500 top 500. Learn Forex.# Melius #iGoTrade #iGoLuxe #iRide #Invest #Lifestyle #ForexTrading #ForexMarket #Forex #Profit #Boss #Bitcoin #Crypto #Entrepreneur #Money #ForexSignals #DayTrading #Money #CurrencyTrader #Investor #Trading #CryptoCurrency #LifeSkill #2020”
- “These are our first steps towards financial freedom…we are proud to be the first two Mauritians to be promoted by Melius…the journey has begun and we will help more people succeed together”
- “Welcome to make money easy to profit with amazing app with Melius you will be rich”
- “Easy Money 📲 One App – #igotrade 📲 🤑🤑🤑🤑 #melius #igotrade #igolearn #igoluxe #iRide #triva #travel #technology #BossYourTradeUp #PipAssassins #MalStreetAcademy #Invest #forextrading #Forex #Profit #Boss #Bitcoin #Crypto #Entrepreneur #Money #ForexSignals #Investor #Trading #lifestyle #life #Hawaii #HawaiiWarriors #LadyBoss #lipstickgang💄💋”
- YouTube video titled “Melius Testimonial on the Power of Residual Income” with a description stating: “Melius is a phenomenal educational platform impacting millions of lives around the world. Melius trading strategies are highly effective if you have the right mentors who will support you. This melius review will teach you how to generate traffic and leads to dominate the market. melius finance is a group of wealthy partners on a global mission. melius is definitely not a scam and it melius is a viable opportunity for you and your family to live life to the full So when you think of multiplying your money, think of Melius. Melius has several top products, including igotrade, igolearn, gemini traders and igoluxe. So you can access the tools, simply log in to the Melius store and immediately start profiting by taking advantage of master pips through the melius back office and bout ique melius. For you to succeed in Melius, contact Nathan today to show you how to explode your income with the melius presentation and the melius compensation plan. Make this year the year that really matters and become a wealthy investor using melius forex, melius crypto, and become one of melius’ next greatest success stories. Melius”
- “So excited to be a part of this financial movement to help others see money differently…Financial freedom is movement!!! #MillionaireMindset #FinancialFreedon #CashFlow #Wealth”
- “This is a remarkable achievement for us at MELIUS. I am so excited right now. Being recognized by Silicon Valley means so much that we are now also a verified and certified company that is on par with companies like Google Yahoo, Bing ”
- Image of a business statement with copy stating “This is how I can make money just like banks…exchanging foreign currencies…”
- “Team Melius is doing a Get Together Again at 8 p.m. EST on Zoom… Our Movement is Financial Freedom”
- Image for article titled “Pier-Olivier Larose makes a monthly income of over $140,000 with MELiUS”
The DSSRC expressed concern that such tax returns convey the message that participants in the company’s business opportunity can generally expect to earn a significant and career-level income.
The company first received a notice of investigation from the DSSRC in November 2021, after the DSSRC was able to identify the CEO and founder of Melius as well as an email contact for the company. However, the company did not respond. After multiple attempts to contact the company by phone, email, and mail, the company did not respond to DSSRC’s investigation and did not provide substantiation for the disputed claims.
In accordance with DSSRC policies and procedures, if a company does not respond to the DSSRC or refuses to participate, the DSSRC will render a decision that the company has not responded or refused to participate in the BBNPe’s DSSRC process and will return the request. matter to the appropriate government agency. In addition, pursuant to Section (V)(B) of the DSSRC’s Policies and Procedures, if the affected company does not submit a statement in response, the DSSRC may refer the matter to an appropriate government agency for review and possible action. of law enforcement. Accordingly, given that the company did not respond to the DSSRC as part of the self-regulatory process, the DSSRC referred this matter to the FTC.
About National BBB Programs: National BBB programs are where businesses turn to build consumer confidence and consumers are heard. The non-profit organization creates a fairer level playing field for businesses and a better experience for consumers through the development and delivery of effective third-party accountability and dispute resolution programs. Assuming its role as an independent organization since the restructuring of the Council of Better Business Bureaus in June 2019, BBB National Programs now oversees more than a dozen national industry self-regulatory programs and continues to evolve its work and increase its impact by providing business advice and promoting best practices in areas such as advertising, marketing to children and privacy. To learn more, visit bbbprograms.org.
About the Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council: The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC), a division of National BBB Programs, provides independent and impartial oversight, dispute resolution, and enforcement of misrepresentation of products and tax claims made by direct selling companies and their sales force members on digital platforms. The DSSRC seeks to establish high standards of integrity and business ethics for all direct selling companies in the marketplace.
SOURCE BBB National Programs