Job status: Full time, continuous
Salary: Base salary of $54,636 per year, plus 10% pension contributions
Post number : SOH1839
Deadline for applications: Friday, March 4, 11:59 p.m.
Role requests: [email protected]
Technical requests: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
An organization where diversity of thought and experience is valued, supported and respected.
At the Sydney Opera House, you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams, filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and you will have the opportunity to grow and succeed while making a positive contribution to our community. Our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DI&B) vision is that Sydney Opera House – who we are and everything we do – reflects and respects the diversity of the community. Our DI&B 2021-23 strategy defines the change we are driving as we approach our 50th anniversary in 2023. These commitments go hand-in-hand with commitments from our longstanding action plans for reconciliation, accessibility and environment.
As a venue for the whole community, the Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
We recognize that everyone is unique and you might need some tweaking to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make any adjustments to the SOH recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, please email [email protected] or call us on 02 9250 7743 and let us know. Adjustments may include, but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview arrangements, physical requirements, advice for trans or gender-diverse applicants, interpreters or other access aids or specific hours of availability for interviews, etc.
For more information on the Sydney Opera House, please visit our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
The Marketing Coordinator, Performing Arts assists the Campaign Marketing team in delivering innovative and effective marketing campaigns for the performing arts programming at Sydney Opera House, focusing on music genres contemporary and classical, digital programming, and including marketing support for the annual Vivid LIVE festival. The Campaign Marketing team focuses on delivering ticket and revenue targets, audience targets and building brand equity for Sydney Opera House.
This position will provide effective and efficient support through the provision of administrative work, coordination and delivery of campaigns across paid, owned and acquired channels, content creation, creative development and design deployment, managing project and planning.
The position reports directly to the Marketing Manager, Performing Arts and works closely with Sydney Opera House Presents (SOHP) internal programming team as well as external stakeholders including resident arts companies, artist management and is part of the internal project team of the Vivid LIVE festival. The Marketing Coordinator is part of the broader Engagement team, including Campaigns, Performance Marketing, Creative Studio, Insights and Optimization, Partnerships, and Communications team.
More detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
- Advanced qualifications in marketing, arts management, communications or business
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience or major internship experience, preferably in the entertainment/performing arts industries
- A great passion for marketing and the performing arts
- Strong communication (written and oral), writing, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Collaborative team spirit
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented and project management skills
- High degree of customer orientation
- An ability to work independently and as a member of a team to meet competing priorities
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent skills on digital tools and platforms including Microsoft Office software, social media platforms, website CMS platforms, email platforms and ideally email platforms online project or task management
BENEFITS & CULTURE
As Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourist destination and esteemed community meeting place, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic work environment for all our staff. With values of Security, creativity, excellence, collaboration and responsibility your professional life offers you every opportunity to succeed and develop in the profession you have chosen. Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives
- Community staff groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more.
- Complimentary fitness passport and wellness programs including pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physical therapy sessions, and other wellness initiatives
- Work for an organization with a 5-star Green Star performance rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Work for an organization that is committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- And much more!
DO YOU SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Candidates are requested to attach the following documents to their application
- Up-to-date CV of no more than five pages
- Address their suitability in a cover letter no longer than one page
In addition, applicants will be asked to answer the following two targeted questions on the online application platform.
- In this role, you will support the Marketing Campaigns team by coordinating campaign activity across first-party and paid channels, particularly at the implementation stage. Please provide an example of how your skills and experience would be relevant to this role.
- Please provide an example of an interesting marketing campaign you’ve seen in the market, who you think the target audience is, and what you think the brand is trying to achieve with the campaign.
Candidates are required to create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only candidates who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position, unless otherwise specified.
The successful candidate will be expected to comply with NSW Public Health Orders and applicable Sydney Opera House Trust COVID-19 policies relating to safety and vaccination.
To be eligible to apply for this role, candidates must have existing Australian employment rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory national police check and pre-employment health assessment. The assessment seeks information only relevant to the performance of the inherent requirements of the position, it remains strictly confidential and candidates will be notified of the outcome.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.